When is the last time you did something for you? Or gave yourself the day off? Knowing how and when to invest in yourself is so important, friend! Sometimes you will need to invest time or money into your business before you’re making a dime, but other times, the investment you need to make is in your own self-care.
HOW AND WHEN TO INVEST IN YOURSELF
- We’re celebrating 12,000 downloads to our little podcast! Thank you so much for your support!
- Erin’s news story: Facebook Messenger introduces your Facebook Day, Facebook’s version of Instagram Stories.
- Kirsten’s news story: Facebook adds a “continue watching” notification for videos you didn’t finish.
- When we talk about investing in ourselves, we don’t just mean spending money. We mean investing time and energy into the right things to fuel our businesses.
- At some point you realize that you have to invest if you want to take your blog seriously, even if you aren’t making any money at that time. You need to have some financial accountability.
- If you are taking your blog seriously, you might need to invest in a branding expert, a theme for your website, and so on to make you look more professional, regardless of your niche.
- Fake it til you make it – it’s real! Sometimes you might not know how to do things but taking the time to learn how to do things will benefit your business.
- Self-care is a huge investment, but most people skip it. Not taking care of yourself is the quickest way to burn out.
- Pay attention to your body and the signals it’s giving you. It’s perfectly OK to take a step back.
- It’s good to take breaks and reset your brain. Sometimes all it takes is a short walk in the sunshine, or heading to a location outside of your usual workspace.
Get updates on new episodes, upcoming Blog Fuel Intensives, and valuable monthly newsletters from Erin & Kirsten!