I want you to do me a favor. I want you to go into this episode preparing to nod your head. Maybe do some light neck stretches because while Kirsten and I drop a lot of truth bombs in our episode, this one is full of reality. This week we’re talking all about the shifting seasons we endure as online business owners. We’re getting raw, sharing our own experiences and giving you tips to make the most of your season.
SHIFTING SEASONS IN BUSINESS
- Kirsten’s News : Instagram powers Taco Bell’s innovation machine
- Erin’s News : How YouTube’s Shifting Algorithms Hurt Independent Media
- When you’re a business owner, of any kind, there will be seasons that shift. Sometimes things will be really in flow and working in your favor. Other times, things will slow down. You may feel tired, overwhelmed. Even discouraged. It happens.
- Here’s the thing. As much as you can plan, life happens. You can’t plan for everything. Which is why it is so so important to learn to roll with the punches. When life happens, don’t let it derail you!
- On that note, many times we hit these points and feel like we are just failing. Failing at everything. In reality, though, we’re just slowing down. Others aren’t looking at you with negative thoughts in mind. Because truly, we see ourselves in a different way than others see us!
- There is a reason for each season. And the best way to make the most of a funky season is to understand the message. Trust me. There is a reason you’re in this funk. If it’s not directly related to a crisis within your personal life, there is a lesson to be learned.
- Down seasons DO NOT equal failure. They simply mean you’re slowing down and growing. And what is it we always say? Growth isn’t always comfortable. In fact, it rarely is.
- Want a sure fire way to keep things in check? Put yourself before your business. Always before your business. Because you own your business, it does not own you.
- If it feels wrong, if it feels icky, you can walk away from it. Stop dedicating time and energy to things that don’t serve you. You owe it to yourself to allow yourself to break free of toxicity in your life.
- Don’t confuse passion with madness. If the moves you are making are more painful than helpful, it’s time to re-evaluate.
Get updates on new episodes, upcoming Blog Fuel Intensives, and valuable monthly newsletters from Erin & Kirsten!